Body Shop Technician Helper
Looking for a job that combines a good culture with a steady paycheck? Fitzgerald Auto Mall has an open opportunity for a high-energy automotive body shop technician helper who wants to work as a team and serve customers who love to service with us.
By joining our family-owned and operated team, you will see that we strongly believe in our core values of honesty, respect, and dignity. Holding true to our values and commitment to our community, we have become a green corporation and participate in community service through our frequent pet adoption programs and our child safety seat checks at our stores.
At Fitzgerald Auto Mall, you will join a team of high-energy, customer-service focused individuals. Our teams work with a collaborative approach and encourage success amongst each of our members. We invest in our employees and often promote from within.
We are excited to hear from you as Fitzgerald Auto Mall believes our success and progression is a direct result of our employees!
What We Offer:
- Health & Dental
- 401K Contributions
- Paid Vacation
- Employer Paid Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Opportunity for advancement
- Competitive pay plan
Seeking a highly motivated body technician helper:
The Automobile Body Technician (Body Tech) helper assists a mentor repair damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles in accordance with factory and dealership specifications using hand tools and power tools. Auto Body Tech helpers at Fitzgerald Auto Mall centers can expect a clean, safe and state-of-the-art work environment. The jobs are challenging and extensive training is provided available to those who are career focused.
Body technician helper will assist a Cerfitfied body technician in the following:
- Examine damaged vehicles and estimate repair costs.
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical and hydraulic window-and-seat-operating equipment, and trim to gain access to vehicle body and fenders.
- Fill depressions with body filler.
- Remove damaged fenders, panels
- Bolt or weld replacement parts in position, using wrenches or welding equipment.
- Straighten bent automobile frames.
- File, grind and sand repaired surfaces.
- Refinish repaired surface.
- Aim headlights, align wheels, and bleed hydraulic brake system.
- Paint surfaces after performing body repairs.
- Repair or replace defective mechanical parts
- one to three years of experience as a vehicle body repairer or apprentice.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of repairs for damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles.
- Valid driver's license.
- Must be a hard worker, dependable and a team player!