Body Shop Painter's Helper
Looking for a job that combines a good culture with a steady paycheck? Fitzgerald Auto Mall has an open opportunity for a high-energy automotive body shop painter’s helper who wants to work as a team and serve customers who love to service with us.
By joining our family-owned and operated team, you will see that we strongly believe in our core values of honesty, respect, and dignity. Holding true to our values and commitment to our community, we have become a green corporation and participate in community service through our frequent pet adoption programs and our child safety seat checks at our stores.
At Fitzgerald Auto Mall, you will join a team of high-energy, customer-service focused individuals. Our teams work with a collaborative approach and encourage success amongst each of our members. We invest in our employees and often promote from within.
We are excited to hear from you as Fitzgerald Auto Mall believes our success and progression is a direct result of our employees!
What We Offer:
- Health & Dental * 401K Contributions * Paid Vacation * Employer Paid Short Term/Long Term Disability * Employer Paid Life Insurance * Opportunity for advancement * Competitive pay plan
Position Details: The Body Shop Painters Assistant will assist in the following
- Refinish damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles in accordance with factory and dealership quality specifications and time standards.
- Operate and use all body shop equipment properly and safely.
- Remove rust from metal, grease and dirt from work surfaces.
- Prepare surfaces for new paint application using manual and power sanding tools.
- Mix paint to match manufacturer’s color specifications.
- Paint surface using sprayer or brush as appropriate.
- Maintain tools and keep equipment clean and in safe working order.
- Maintain and wear all safety and protective wear.
- Comply with laws and regulations pertaining to paint, thinners and other hazardous materials.
- Cooperate and assist other personnel in the repair and prepping of vehicles.
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience as a helper for a dealership or other collision/body shop.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- General mechanical skills.
- Good eye for detail and color.
- Must be hungry and eager to learn the trade.
- Must be self-motivated and dependable.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must have a valid Driver's license
Fitzgerald Auto Malls is an equal opportunity employer